Rich and Nourishing Morning Rice Cereal
Makes one serving.
This rice cereal is simple to make, filled with nourishing ingredients, and easy on your digestive system. We recommend this recipe to clients doing Panchakarma at Surya, but its good for everyone, anytime of the year!
- 1/2 cup of Organic Brown Basmati Rice
- 3 cups of Water
- 3/4 cup of Almond Milk (to make your own: blend 1 handful of almonds and 1/2 cup of hot water)
- 1/2 cup of Chopped Fruit of your choice (if you are doing Panchakarma choose from the personalized list of recommended fruit for you)
- Wash the rice thoroughly and add to a pot with the 3 cups of water (or cook in a rice cooker)!
- On high heat, bring the water to a boil and let the water continue boiling until it is the same height as the rice.
- Switch the heat to low and cover until cooked. About 10 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, blend the almonds and the hot water to make your almond milk! If you prefer, you can strain the excess almond, to make a smooth and creamy milk.
- Once the rice is cooked, add the almond milk and any fruits and continue cooking until the fruits are cooked through.
- Top with a dash of cinnamon and some chopped walnuts or macadamia nuts and enjoy!